Sunday, September 13, 2009

POP loh!

I must say throwing that cap into the sky lifted a lot off my shoulders.

Pre-NS life was mainly a slack and relax affair, even so I still can't believe that I wanted so badly to be enlisted during that period. Should have taken more time to enjoy all that is beautiful.

NS life thus far has taken a surprising lot of getting used to. BMT life wasn't quite the way I imagined it to be. I guess gone are the days where it was just with my rifle, my buddy and me. Modern day BMT seems a little more competitive than I would expect with many enlisted young men hoping to get into command school mainly OCS.

Post BMT life has been quite enjoyable thus far, however I must add that the air of apprehension about the life after posting still gets to me sometimes. I shall despite all else aspire to live and enjoy my block leave as much as possible. (After all it's taking up 5 days of my annual leave)

NS has "cliched as it sounds" given me a new insight into this phase of life that every male Singaporean has to go through. The thought of booking out knowing that somewhere out there, someone else my age and up is looking at the sky, land and sea ever ready to repel anyone who threatens life as we know it, is comforting.

Knowing well that many past Singaporeans have walked down this path has also been an added comfort during tough times. Having a tough mentality that is difficult to break down is definitely an asset while in NS. As such I have learnt to take things positively and in all things give thanks. You gotta, It makes every book out special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home