Sunday, November 1, 2009

We come from OBS, we forgot OCS

Last week the entire Air Wing was at Pulau Ubin for a 3 day program at OBS. While it wasn't as happening as the last time I was at OBS, it was definitely fun and I did learn quite a lot about communicating effectively. This kinds of ties in with all the communicating and motivational stuff that i'm picking up all through October.

The fourth public university is due to open on our sunny island in 2011. It's called the "Singapore University of Technology and Design" (SU) for short. (I think the person who did the acronym was seriously lazy, but then again picking between SUTD and SU i'd rather the latter). It's a blip on my radar screen, the Newcastle Uni one has been holding itself from me for quite sometime. I think I'll wait for news for it's partnering Chinese university.

I think the idea behind SU is quite unique never before had we have two foreign universities coming together to create something special on our soil, especially when they both come from supposedly opposing school of thought and methodology. If this works as it should it would add a lot of variety to our existing education landscape. 2011 is still some time away hopefully by then I would reach a decision on what my future would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home